As per section 6(i) of the University Grants Commission (Redressal of Grievances of Students) Regulation, 2023 vide notification dated 11th April 2023, the following person shall be nominated by the Provost as the ombudsperson of Students Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC), Vanita Vishram Women’s University, Surat.
Dr. Vikram Desai
Siddharth Law College
Navagam, Surat, Gujarat 394185
As per section 5(ii) of the University Grants Commission (Redressal of Grievances of Students) Regulations, 2023 vide notification dated 11th April 2023, University has reconstituted the Students Grievance Redressal Committee (SGRC) with effect from 17/06/2023 as under:
Dr. Daxesh Thakar
Four Professors/Senior Faculty Members of the University as Members
1. Dr. Abhilasha Agarwal
2. Dr. Manisha Vyas
3. Dr. Vinita Mod
4. Dr. Nirali Dave
A representative from among students to be nominated on academic merit/excellence in sports/performance in co-curricular activities-Special Invitee
Ms. Bhakti Yogesh Patel
- The term of the Chairperson and members shall be for a period of two years.
- The term of the Special Invitee shall be one year.
- The quorum for the meeting including the chairperson, but excluding the special invitee, shall be three.
- In considering the grievances before it, the SGRC shall follow principles of natural justice.
- The SGRC shall send its report with recommendations, if any, to the Provost of Vanita Vishram Women’s University and copy it to the aggrieved student, preferably within 15 working days from the date of receipt of the complaint.
- Any student aggrieved by the decision of the Students’ Grievance Redressal Committee may prefer an appeal to the Ombudsperson, within a period of 15 days from the date of receipt of such decision.
Other terms and conditions e. the procedure for redressal of grievances by Ombudspersons and Students’ Grievance Redressal Committee & Information regarding Ombudspersons and Students’ Grievance Redressal Committees shall be as per UGC (Redressal of Grievances of Students) Regulation, 2023.